Sunday, August 26, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff.

I recently bought this at CVS where they had the buy one get one sale.
This is definitely my HG foundation. I'm Asian with a yellow undertone and the first shade I tried was Sand Beige. Although it does have a slight yellow undertone, it was not yellow enough for me so I had to move down to the second lightest shade, Buff, which is more neutral/yellow.

First of all, this foundation has amazing coverage! I washed my face, used my Clean & Clear Skin clearing Astringent and Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference moisturizer prior to applying this foundation. Before I actually applied the foundation, I let my moisturizer settle into my skin for about 5-10 minutes.
My personal preference on how to apply this foundation is using my Eco Tools foundation brush to apply it as oppose to using my fingers. I feel like using my fingers actually gives it a more cakey and streaky finish compared to a more even and nicer finish with a foundation brush. With one application, my acne scars were slightly covered. I have to go back with a concealer brush and conceal all my acne scars though. I don't like applying a second layer because I think it's too heavy for my skin.
To be honest, this foundation broke me out HORRIBLY when I first tried it out (this was during the winter time) but it has been a year since. It doesn't break me out anymore and it has become my HG foundation. I do set the powder with the Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Powder. The combination of these two products are amazing.
My skin doesn't get oily throughout the day and I don't even have to touchup. After a 12 hour day in the humid weather, my T-zone's oil nature peeks through but that's expected. I really have no complaints. There's a small scent to it but it just smells like chemicals/makeup. I don't think it's anything that would bother anyone that much.
This foundation is harder to remove than most foundations but this is because of the staying power. I use olive oil or a cleanser that produces a lot of suds to remove it. Even then, I have to repeat the process twice or there are remnants of the foundations on my skin when I use my toner.

Overall, I recommend this foundation for people who need a little extra coverage :) I usually wait for CVS or Rite-aid to have this brand 40% off along with the coupons they offer. In the end, it's actually cheap to purchase it at my local drugstores compared to those big retailers such as Target/Walmart.


0 comments: