Sunday, August 26, 2012

Covergirl & Olay 2 in 1 Tone Rehab Foundation & Pressed Powder



I received the Covergirl & Olay 2-in-1 Tone Rehab foundation in buff beige and Covergirl & Olay Pressed Powder in fair/light as a bzzagent.
First off, I was attracted to the nice swirly design and the pump that was included in the packaging. I've never used a foundation that has a pump and I really liked it. It doesn't really matter to me though.
Before applying the foundation, I washed my face, used a toner and moisturized it. I found that this routine actually makes my face too oily. The second time around, I cleansed my face and just used a toner before I applied the foundation. This worked better for my skin.
The application is smooth and evens out my skin's discoloration upon the first application. I could see that my skin was even compared to before I applied the foundation. I was really surprised because I only used about half a pump. I also have acne scars so the second application hid my scars and gave it an almost full coverage look. It didn't look too cakey or oily at all. Of course, I had to set my foundation with the accompanying powder.
After a couple hours in the humid weather here in the east, I noticed my T-zone was getting a bit oily, especially the area my nose. I took a oil blotting sheet to get rid of the oil. After that, I checked back in at night (8 hours later) and my skin wasn't shiny anymore. I'm not sure whether that was from the moisturizer that was in combination with the foundation or what but blotting once doesn't bother me much. Prior to trying this foundation, I had been using my Revlon Colorstay foundation in Buff. I had no problem with that foundation although it broke me out horribly the first time I tried it. I guess my skin got used to it and accepted the foundation. I also set my foundation with N.Y.C powder. (That also broke me out when I first used it but it doesn't anymore).
Comparing these two foundation, I definitely prefer the Olay foundation because it doesn't make me feel like I have a heavy layer of foundation on. It feels really light and my skin is able to breathe too. It also doesn't break me out and it matches my skin nicely. The accompanying powder also works really well and completes my look.
I'd recommend this foundation to anyone who is on the market to look for a new foundation to try. I've seen it at CVS for about $17 but I believe it's cheaper at other stores such as Target/Walmart. However, I'm sure there will be sales for these brands at your local drugstore so watch out for those.
For reference, I have acne prone/combination skin so I wouldn't know how it'd work for people with other types of skin. I think it works best for dry skin and not so well for oily skin. Let me know how it works for you guys if you guys tried it! :)

0 comments: